Safe, Convenient, Easy
Mobile Check Deposits Now Available Via CCU Mobile App
Making a deposit to your account just became easier with our new Mobile Deposit feature located within our CCU mobile app (iphone or android cell phones).
Within our new CCU mobile app, you will be able to snap a picture of the front and back of a check, and then both images, along with the dollar value, are transmitted to the credit union.
How to Use Mobile Check Deposit
After logging on to the CCU mobile app the deposit tab is listed in the middle on the bottom of the screen (with accounts, transfers, etc).
- Click Deposit—it will then bring you to a screen that gives 2 options (Deposit Check or Deposit Check History)
- Click Deposit Check—from here it will let you choose which account you want to deposit into.
- After clicking which account you want to deposit into, it will then come to a screen which explains how to endorse the check (signature and also CCU MOBILE DEPOSIT under the signature). It then asks you to type the amount of the check and also to take a photo of the front & back of the check.
- It is very particular about how the photo of the check is taken – for example must have a dark background. It will reject the image for a variety of different reasons but it will tell you why & make you retake the photo.
- From here it will tell you the check has been successfully submitted and it then comes to a que for approval.
- To view a Deposit Check History of accepted, pending, and failed check deposits click the Deposit tab at the bottom, and Check History.
- Once the check has been approved it will take approximately 2 hours before the funds are available in members account. If the check is deposited after 4:30pm (or 5:30pm on Friday) then the check will not be approved or rejected until the following business day.
- If the check appears as failed in the Check History, you will be contacted by CCU to explain why it was rejected.
Tips for Using Mobile Check Deposit
- Use mobile check deposit in a well-lit area to ensure check images are correctly captured.
- Deposits will normally go through within one or two business days.
- Save the check until it appears on your account transaction history.
- Keep hands clear of the check and camera lens when photographing. For best results, lay the check on a flat dark surface when taking pictures.
- To avoid a deposit error, make sure the check is not folded or torn.
- Verify the entered check amount matches the amount on the check.
- Endorse and write "for mobile deposit" on the back of the check.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact any of our branches, you may contact Nicole Lay at 865-541-2118, email@example.com.